A dogbiz University Course
Starting a Dog Training Business, A to Z
Start your dog training business with confidence.
It’s time! You’ve built your dog training skills and decided to dedicate your career to helping dogs and their people live better lives together. Now it’s time to get your dog training business up and running.
Our A to Z course provides supportive, step-by-step direction to get you and your business off to a great start.
What you get:
- Engaging instruction from industry experts
- Live weekly Q&A sessions with instructors
- Course workbook for planning your business
Starting Your Dog Training Business, A to Z includes 7 modules to guide your success:
Module 1: Setting Up For Success
This module gets you ready for start-up success
Module 2: Private Training Success
6 sections cover:
- Choosing the right training service options
- Packaging your private training services
- How to help clients achieve their goals
- Running successful initial consults
Module 3: Profitable Dog Training Classes
6 sections cover:
- Choosing the right classes
- Filling your classes—and keeping them full
- Succeeding with students & dogs at all levels
- Tips to support student success
Module 4: Money Matters
4 sections cover:
- Choosing the right pricing strategy & policies
- Avoiding common rate & policy mistakes
Module 5: Solving the Mysteries of Marketing
10 sections cover:
- Finding your marketing message
- Building your brand
- Choosing marketing projects that work for you
- Getting your website right
Module 6: Business Set Up
2 sections cover:
- Filing your business paperwork
- Liability protection
Module 7: The Path to Success
Final tips and support for making your dream business your reality
Access to course begins April 1, 2019.
Live weekly group Q&A sessions are Mondays at 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern beginning April 8 and ending May 13.
- 7 modules of learning
- 6 weeks of live Q&A sessions
- Course workbook
Pre-recorded modules are released weekly so you can listen to them when it’s best for you.
Modules run from 45 minutes to 2.5 hours.
Live group Q&A sessions
Q&A sessions provide an opportunity to ask all your questions about the week’s topic.
Students are encouraged to attend Q&A sessions to enjoy maximum benefit from the course, but recordings will be made available.
Your companion workbook helps you design your business step-by-step as you follow the curriculum.